Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Product Review


I have curly hair, it sucks. It has a mind of its own and if i don't do the exact same routine to it everyday it just doesn't cooperate.

My sister worked in a boutique that had a hair salon in it, they sold Aveda products and she would get them for cost instead of retail. When you have temperamental hair the last thing you want to do is go spend $30 on 2 bottles of hair product and not have them work. So since she could get them at cost i decided to give it a shot. 

I had her get me the Aveda be Curly products. One of them is a sculpting gel and the other is a hair prep. There are other products in the line but i wanted to start out small and see if these would help me.

So far so good. I start by putting on a little bit of the hair prep in and then i put work in the sculpting gel and then i flip my head upside down and blow dry my hair (i use a difuser on my hairdryer) until its almost completely dry. With this you get a soft curl but you still have volume. After a few days of trying it, i do like it and it works for my hair. The key is to evenly get it on all of your hair or it gets a little frizzy in the areas that don't get enough product on them. BUT if you use to much then it leaves your hair a little oily feeling in the areas that got to much on it. 

Its a balancing act that i haven't quite figured out yet, i am sure after a couple more days i will have it down to a science. 

Join me tomorrow for another week of It's OK Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment