Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New kicks


Last week there was a death in my shoe family. This sweet little monster dog who eats anything and everything ate my shoe!!! I was not happy nor was i looking forward to having to go buy new shoes since mine were still in great condition, and i loved them.
I had washed them and had them sitting out in the sun to dry and this is partially my fault, but i didn't take them in out of the sunshine and next thing i know the top of my shoe had been eaten off. 

I went to our local sporting store that day and all the "sale" shoes were sold out in my size and all the shoe that weren't on sale were WAY more then i wanted to spend. I am all about finding a good deal. So for about a week I had to wear my old ratty tennis shoes to the gym and it was torture. For some reason shoes are very important to how you feel when you are working out.
I purchased my chewed up shoes at JC Penny so i did some online looking and found the ones i wanted but then had to wait for the weekend when we were going to Missoula before I could go searching to see if they had them. 
After several softball games and lots of being inpatient on my part i FINALLY got to go to the mall. 

Here are the new shoes!!! I had to put them on right away so they got a little dirty from being outside, but i love them just as much as i loved my last pair. And the best part is they were only $55 which i think is a great price. I like the grey with a pop of color from the laces and the bottom. They are also very comfortable. They make running on the treadmill seem like a nice leisurely stroll in the park. 

I am very satisfied and they were the last pair in my size so i got lucky. I would strongly urge everyone to check out JC Penny when shoe shopping before going to a big shoe store. I think they sometimes offer better prices then the big shoe store.

Happy Wednesday friends, the week is half over and for most of us, we are coming up on a lovely 3 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment