Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, May 3, 2013

30 Day Challenge


A couple girls i am friends with started a 30 day squat challenge a couple weeks ago. I waited to start because well i would rather start the beginning of the month instead of in the middle, it is easier for me to keep track that way. Yesterday i did my 50 and today i am on my way to 55. My butt and legs are way sore. In zumba we did a lot of squats so 50 wasn't really hard for me but the combination of going to the gym and working legs and then doing squats was a lot of work. Today I am working legs again, we will see how this goes. The 250 on day 30 is a lot of squats, i better have the best looking booty when this is over.

On top of the squat challenge, we also decided to do a plank challenge. I have been doing planks a lot in zumba and i started doing them at the gym everyday so 20 seconds didn't seem very long. I can already do it a minute long so i decided i would just add a minute to everything. Plank is one of the best things for fast ab results and not only does it work your whole entire stomach, it works low back/love handles, quads, shoulders and biceps. 

A good motivation for me when my body starts to burn but you aren't quite finished is to picture the end results. All this hard work that  you are putting into yourself will pay off if you eat healthy and work your body hard. Picture yourself in those tiny little jeans or your itsy bitsy bikini and it will give you the extra push you need to make it through those last few seconds/squats.

I LOVE working out, it makes me happy. Life has been so stressful for me with this whole house situation that i look forward to going to the gym at the end of the day to clear my head and just relax.

*** I need to proof read these better before i post them, today i am actually doing 60 squats, i wrote this yesterday, oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment