Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, March 28, 2014

Fit Friday


Woo this week seemed like a long one.


I am pretty proud of myself as for how i exercised this past week. I am finally getting into a good rhythm with my at home workouts. I have been wanting to go out and do some running but the weather has been so on and off. I like to just do it up the road at my house but usually by the time i get home and changed its right after 5pm and that's when all the crazy drivers are out. So for now i have just been doing cardio inside at home. Is it totally weird that while i am on the elliptical i watch the food network? Its seriously my favorite channel, i always enjoy watching it.


Major accomplishment for me right there!!! I did almost 15K steps on Sunday. I did an hour of cardio in the morning because i wasn't sure if we were going to have softball practice or not and i wanted to get at least some exercise in. So not only did i do all my cardio but then that afternoon we went and played softball for 3 1/2 hours.

When we practice i try to run/walk/jog as much as possible so i can get a lot of extra steps in and so i can keep my heart rate up.

Another thing i do during the day while at work is every time i get up to use the bathroom i do jumping jacks. This may seem weird yes but i do a lot of sitting during the day and it is a way for me to get up and move and get my blood pumping through out the day.


The other day i ordered new shoes and they finally got here yesterday. I love new shoes especially workout shoes. These do not disappoint, they will be great for running (which i might add i don't do often). They have really good traction and overall are really comfortable. Ever since i got my first pair of Nike's for working out i have been obsessed with them. I have another pair but they were starting to get a little beat up from being used almost every day. Plus i love the color of these, the hot pink and bright blue is a new favorite color combo of mine right now. Kendall also got a new pair but hers wont be here until later today and they may or may not match mine. What can i say, i love baby Nike's.

Happy Friday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment