Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, March 21, 2014

Fit Friday

I had every intention of posting this last week and forgot, oops.


Last week i officially put my gym membership on hold. I had got all my workout stuff that i ordered and wasn't even making it to the gym, so no point in paying for it.

I ordered all this stuff from walmart online and it all cost me $50.17. Plus side is that since i spent over $50 i got free shipping. The package weighed 60 pounds so free shipping definitely was a perk. Everything was sold by Gold's Gym. I couldn't be happier with everything i got.


The weights are adjustable and can be any where from 5-40 lbs. Its really nice having all this stuff.

I got resistance bands, a weight ball, a yoga ball, weights and a waist belt thingy (only cause it was $3 and i needed to get to that $50 mark).


I am still working on getting into a routine. Usually when i get home from work i change, do some weight exercises and then will hop on the elliptical for 20-30 minutes. It really works for me. When i was at the gym i felt rushed and like i had to be out of there at a certain time to get Kendall home for dinner. Now i don't even worry about it. We go home she runs around and plays while i exercise and if she needs me i am just right there and can help her out. I am really enjoying being able to go at my own pace and not having to wait around for people. Granted i can't do everything at home that i did at the gym because i don't have all those fancy machines but i make it work and get as much done as i can.

The main reason i decided to start working out from home is so that it would save me money in the long run. We are getting into softball season and i wouldn't be going as much anyways so this seemed like the smart thing to do. I would gradually like to add more items to my little "at home" gym but for now this is working out just fine.

Happy Friday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment