Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nails!!!

It's been a while since i posted about nails or nail polish, big shocker. I haven't been painting them as much because well i was tired of it chipping off. I still did it from time to time and loved it.

Many, many moons ago i went to school to be a nail tech and worked in a salon for a while. I still had all my product left over from that and its just been sitting in a box stored away. I decided that i wanted to do my nails as in put on acrylic nails so that i could paint them and make them pretty and use the ibd intense seal so that it wont chip off. 

Once i had an evening where i had spare time and didn't have anything to do i decided to do it. Anyone who does their own nails knows that it is no easy feat to put acrylic on their right hand. It has been years since i have done my own. 


I think they turned out pretty decent. I just painted them all a light glittery pink this time. Usually, for me, right after they are put on after years of not having acrylics i have the most problems with them. I have excess oil on my finger nails even though i cleaned them as best as possible, i get the acrylic to close to my cuticle and they start to lift (which drives me crazy). So i didn't want to do some fun design when i knew there is a good chance that after a week at least a couple of the nails would pop off.

They are thicker then i want, so i need to do some playing around until i get it to where i want and then in no time i wont have any problems with them. Just because it is already driving my crazy i will probably give myself a fill this weekend to get them to look how i want them too.

Happy Tuesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment