Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nail polish battle

I love painting my nails, however, I hate that literally the next day it is already starting to chip. I cannot stand chipped nail polish, it makes me feel self conscience and i can't help but think people are staring at my chipped nails. 

I have tried many ways to keep them nice for at least a couple days before i have to take it off and give up. 

The other day i had a revelation that i think may work but it does have one flaw. IBD Intense seal is a product that you put on your acrylic nails to make them shiny (it has to be dried with a UV nail light). The flaw....you have to file it off. Nail polish remover or acetone will not get it off. Regardless of that i wanted to try it and see if it would make my polish last longer.


So last night around 9pm after i finished an order that i was working on, i decided to give it a shot and see if it will work better then just a regular top coat.

Here is the polish i used. I did 2 coats of polish (i did not use a base coat).

Once that was dry i put on a thin layer of the IBD Intense Seal. I only do 1 hand at a time cause i have the smaller light. Plus since this stuff does not dry unless its put under the light it would be running all over your fingers if you tried to do both hands at once.

This is what my little light looks like. You have to let each hand cure under the light for about a minute. It is only 9Watts so it will not work with gel products. You have to have at least a 36Watt light for that. ( I tried that and failed at it)

Here is the finished product. I think they turned out pretty good. All in all it took me about 35 minutes from start to finish and when i was done i didn't have to worry about not doing anything because the IBD makes the outside like a hard shell so there is no chance of smudging.

So far today they are holding up nicely, there are no chips and they are still very shiny.

IBD also makes a product that is a UV Top Coat that is just as durable as the Intense Seal but it does come off with acetone. I am going to invest in one of those, but will have to order online. I will let you know how the nails hold up. Hopefully they last longer then just a couple of days.

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a good idea! I got shellac for the first time and really liked it. But this would be a good idea to have at home. Just have to get the light and top coat stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know how it turns out. I already had all the stuff so this is just a trial run.

      Delete