Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, November 22, 2013

My Obsession

Well i think it is time to admit (to the world) that i have an obsession with nail polish and i just cant help myself. I love nail polish. Once i laid it all out i realized if i am going to keep buying it i need to expand my colors. There seems to be more then enough shades of pink, red and blue. Oh and the side opposite of the pink is mostly glitter.


Just seeing this makes me want to go out and buy lots of nice dark colors for the fall.

Purple is not my color, as you can see i only have 1 purple and i just don't like how any color of purple looks on my fingers or my toes so i don't buy it, but Kendall loves purple so that's why I haven't got rid of that one yet.

I love Essie polish but can't make myself go out and spend $9 on a bottle of polish since i am buying it so often, it is great polish and good quality but i am more of a bargain shopper. My go to brand right now is Sinful Creations, it is $1.99 a bottle and is really good polish. I haven't had many problems with it and now paired with the new Essie No Chips Ahead top coat, i will be having fabulous nails all winter long.

I repainted my nails last night. I needed to paint my toenails so while i had the time i did my fingernails as well. Tonight will be the ultimate test for them because i am going to be making a very hands-on dinner and then having to hand wash all the dishes when we are done. I am hoping that i get it to at least last until Monday.

A couple things you may not know about me is:

~I have my toes painted all winter long even though no one ever sees them cause i have my shoes or slippers on.

~ I have to keep my fingernails short. I cannot stand when they are long, it makes my hands feel dirty. Don't ask me why, it is weird i know, but i just don't like it. I see people with long beautiful nails and i am envious but i just can't grow mine that long. Having acrylic nails is different though, i would have them but it is an expense i would rather not pay.

I have one other obsession that I will go into another day, recipes and cookbooks. They are also amazing and i love them!

Happy Friday!


1 comment:

  1. You DO have an obsession!!! I like the Forever 21 brand of polish..it hardly chips at all, and I usually don't even put a top coat on it!

    ReplyDelete