Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, November 14, 2011

Stats

The little monster went to her 9 month Doctor appointment today. Yes I said monster, she kept me up for 3 hours last night walking around the house because that's what she wanted to do between the hours of 11pm and 2 am.

She is off the charts for the percentile for her age group. She is just a bigger baby, the size of a 1 year old. Since she has started crawling the weight gain has slowed down a little.

Weight: 24lbs 2oz

Height: 30 Inches


I asked the Doctor what to do about night time since she is a horrible sleeper and by this age she should be able to sleep through the night. But however that is not Kendalls plan she still wakes up 3-5 times a night depending on her mood. 2 of those times are to eat, another thing which she doesn't need to do but it has become a habit for her. So starting tonight I will be sleeping in my parents room (they are going out of town for a week) and just letting her cry it out. I tried this last night but it didn't work. Instead of giving her a bottle full of formula I will be giving her a bottle with water in it. I know she wont be starving and she really can wait until morning but I will still feel bad making her cry. These habits need to be broken if we are ever going to get any sleep.

I am not looking forward to it at all but I realize I have been a bit of an enabler letting her do these things. She knows at night time it is bedtime and she goes to sleep fine around 8pm and she usually wakes for the day between 6:30 and 7:30 am. Its all the time in between that is the problem. It will be hard listening to her cry but she needs to learn. I will step in if she gets to hysterical but other then that she is going to stay in her bed and cry :(

1 comment: