Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, November 4, 2011

Bumps and Bonks



Kendall has reached the stage where she has bruises and scratches and is constantly running into things. In the picture you can kind of see the end stage of rug burn on her nose from when she decided to crawl off on Auntie Danielle's bed, oopsies! (OK so maybe you cant see if very well at all).

Wednesday at school she got bit by one of the other kids cause she had a toy he wanted to play with. So I had to sign an accident report and she has a spot on her arm which kind of just looks like a little pinch mark.

Yesterday Danielle picked her up from school and when I got home from work I noticed she had a nice bruise smack dab in the middle of her forehead. I brushed it off cause i figured it had happened the night before when she hit her head on the TV twice or when she lost her balance holding on to the couch and hit her head on the side of it. But when I dropped her off this morning I had to sign another paper cause apparently she got the bruise from standing at the shelf in her classroom and losing her balance and hitting her head on the corner of it.

I know its going to happen. She is at the age where she is SO curious about everything and can crawl and try to get it. She just runs into everything and loses her balance a lot. It does bother me a little that she got bit, but i know that's going to happen too and it will probably only worry me if the biting becomes a regular occurrence. I cant prevent her from falling and hitting her head, she will have to learn the hard way.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor monkey!!! Auntie will kiss it and make it all better!

    ReplyDelete