Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas cards part 2

Can you guess which one of these pictures I used on our Christmas card?
































I made my Christmas cards the other day. I was going to look into having them done on Shutterfly or Tinyprints and I couldn't find anything i liked or a price i liked. So i decided to bring out my creative side and I made my own. It took me a couple tries to make what i wanted. I am not super computer smart but i know how to do some things. I got on Microsoft Publisher and used the template for a 5X7 flier and basically changed everything on it. You can use your own color scheme, add borders, 1 or more pictures and add in whatever caption you want to use. It was very simple and it saves me about $30 cause now I can print them off at home on photo paper and it will be a nice surprise for people to get in the mail. All I have to do is get the envelopes to mail them in and the stamps. I am all about doing things the easiest way and this was definitely it. It took me about 20 minutes to do on my lunch break 1 day. Maybe this will inspire me to do more things like this instead of ordering them, say for instance.....Kendall's first birthday invitations :) As much as I don't want her to be growing up this fast, I cant wait to celebrate her 1st birthday with her and all our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment