Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Monday Night Football



Almost every Monday night we go to our friends (Kurt and Chrissy's) house for dinner and football. This Monday Chrissy wasn't there (she had to work) so Kurt cooked us dinner. We had fried eggs, hash browns and sausage links. I love having breakfast for dinner. Kendall got to have some of the hash browns so she really like it too. We all take turns cooking dinner. Usually Chrissy and I do most of it while the guys are yelling at the TV and playing with Kendall. But there are times they cook for us too (dinner seems to take longer on those days between cooking and trying to watch football).

Since this Monday we were there was Halloween we had a bowl of candy to give out to the trick-or-treaters who stopped by. Kendall was being whiny since she didn't get a good nap and it was almost her bedtime so hey lets give her a sucker before bedtime. Thank goodness the sugar didn't seem to effect her but sitting there on Jason's lap playing with it made her pretty happy. I had taken her clothes off and she was just in her diaper and there was green drool running down her stomach getting all over the place.

We have been going to dinner there once a week (sometimes twice) for at least the last year so Kurt and Chrissy have kind of become extended family. Since Kendall was a mess i had to give her a bath there. There was no i was going to get all the sticky goo off her with just wipes. After words she cuddles up with Jason and had her bottle and fell asleep laying with him. I didn't get any pictures of her asleep but the one above is right before. The only time she really likes to cuddle is right before bed.

I have been bowling on Monday nights so I haven't been able to go to as many of our dinners as I would like, but Jason takes Kendall and then I meet them when I am done so I can take her home. Bowling has been fun but I have to many other things going on Monday nights (I also have bunko once a month) and it is also a 26 week long season and I just cant make that long of a commitment right now so I have a replacement and will fill in for her if she needs a night off. I really enjoy our dinners its a fun thing for all of us to do after work we just get to relax and hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment