Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend review

We had a fairly busy weekend. I was planning on going on going to Missoula to buy yarn only and then spend all weekend crocheting to try and get most of my orders complete. Well only part of that happened. When i got to Jason's Friday after work. He told me that a friend couldn't use their tickets to go to the Griz football game this weekend and he gave them to him. So immediately i had to try and find a babysitter. My mom ended up watching Kendall for us since we were planning on going to Missoula with her we just changed our plans.

Early Saturday morning Jason and I headed up to the game to meet some friends at the tailgates. It was the perfect day for football. The weather was a little cool but not freezing.
We had a really good time at the game but I told him when the game was over we had to go yarn shopping. There was no way we were driving all the way up there and not making the trip to Michael's to buy yarn. 

I bought so much yarn. The plus side is I have orders for everything i bought so it all evens out. I am hoping that sometime this week i will have a chance to make a few more varieties of hats to show people what i am able to do. 


This Packers beanie is just completely wrong. We are Bears fans, but i wasn't going to pass up a sale because of our football preference. Since I have plenty of yarn left over i plan on making one for my little tiny nephew who is yet to be born since my older sister and her husband are HUGE Packers fans. As soon as i get some orange yarn i am going to have to make her a Bears beanie.


I have to make Kendall try on most of the hats for kids i am making them for that are around her age so i know i made the right size. Of course it was hard to pass up to opportunity to take a picture of her in a Packers hat. Her dad sure loved that but at least she is making a funny face.

 Do you like her outfit? She dressed herself, Tinkerbell pajama pants and a polka dot turtle neck with miss-matched socks and her black boots. She was pretty proud of herself so we let her wear it.

1 comment:

  1. I think Kendall's outfit is PERFECT :) And her Uncle Patrick really enjoyed seeing the picture of her with the hat on! Baby H will enjoy having his own little Packer's hat :)

    ReplyDelete