Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, October 24, 2013

Balance


I made this owl beanie last night. We are our own worst critics and i truly believe that. The hat shell turned out great. I am not satisfied with the ears so i am going to try and make a few different options and i think the eyes need to be a little bit bigger. I already have an order for a girls version of this in pink and brown and i will probably do the accents in purple.

I am so happy that people are wanting them, that was the whole idea behind REALLY getting into the crocheting. What I didn't realize though is how little extra time i do have in a day. I am only able to make about 1 item a day whether it is a hat or a scarf. I leave the house at 7:30 in the morning and don't get home until around 6 in the evening when I have to do dinner stuff and get Kendall ready for bed. Once that is all done usually around 7:30pm is when i get to sit down and get to work on whatever i need to make that night.

I am sure eventually i will find a balance and figure out a way that works best for me without having to stay up until the morning to get each project done. This weekend I am making another bulk yarn shopping trip so i can get enough to fulfill the orders i have got in the last 2 days just from posting the couple pictures i have. I am going to try and make a few stock owl hats so i can have a little stock built up. 

I love the colors of yarn i bought and i am going to be able to come up with some really good combinations to make for boys and girls.

Next on the agenda is to get some boot cuffs and arm warmers made :)


1 comment:

  1. I think when you have more down time or a day off from work, you'll be able to make a bunch to just have on hand. Love that you're getting so many orders though!

    ReplyDelete