Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

I originally wasn't going to carve a pumpkin with Kendall because when my sister came to visit she had brought some of hers from her garden for Kendall to paint. Well Sunday night for some reason Kendall was having a REALLY hard time going to sleep. It was stormy outside and really windy and i think the sounds were scaring her. So in one of my attempts to get her to fall asleep I was laying in her bed with her when she asked if we could carve a jack-o-lantern.

It was really hard to resist the sad, scared face of a toddler. So I gave in and said yes.

We cut out gym time short on Monday so we could make it home early enough to be able to fit carving a pumpkin into our evening schedule.


This is the only picture i got of her doing any work. One touch of the pumpkin guts and she was disgusted and didn't want anything to do with it.

I ended up doing all the work. She took my phone and walked around and took pictures and when she got bored with that she went in the other room to play games on the Kindle.


I am not a huge fan of pumpkin carving, it's a lot of work. She did tell me though once it was finished and had a candle in it that it looked "pretty neat" so i guess she is impressed with my carving skills. Thank goodness it only comes around 1 time a year. I think i would rather bake Christmas cookies with her instead.

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. I love that she wanted to carve it, yet you did all the work, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Mom! I'm all for carving but didn't have a lot of time this year. Luke was disappointed because there wouldn't be pumpkin seeds and I told him he could help carve and that was a big no. So we painted, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Toni that was similar to Jason's response. I did save the seeds at first but when i was done decided to throw them out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete