Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hat Success


Over the past couple of days I have been working on this hat. I had a little bit of a hard time with it. Sunday i made the body of the hat and on Monday i made the ears and bow. 

Sewing the ears on proved to be rather tricky getting them to line up just right. I think they could be a little bigger but at the same time they cant be too big or they wont stand up and i ended up sewing them a little farther back then they are supposed to be. In the end it did work out because i sewed the bow on right into the center of the hat and did a little stitch on each side to hold the bow to the ears. Because the bow is right in the middle and the ears are attached to it, it helps them stay upright. 


This is going to go with Kendall's Halloween costume. She wanted to be Minnie Mouse and since its not exactly going to be warm out when we go trick-or-treating i thought this would be a nice way to keep her head warm but still tie into her costume. I am really excited to give it to her and let her wear it around. Kendall has a friend who is also obsessed with Minnie so i am going to make her one too. 

From what i am finding out the first time i make each hat is the hardest and the second one seems to turn out much better once i know what i do and don't like about the instructions on the pattern.

I am getting better at it. I have a few more I have a few more styles i want to practice. I did get my first "order" I am not making any money off of it but one of the guys at work gave me money for the materials and I am going to make matching camo beanies for his sons.

On a side note, day 1 back on the diet was pretty easy and i am feeling really confident about it. My Fitness Pal said i didn't eat enough so i am going to have to get some veggies to keep on hand to munch on. 

1 comment: