Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, October 17, 2013

Holy Smokes it's working again

I bet you thought i dropped off the face of the earth. Well after weeks (probably more like months) my computer is working. Don't know why it decided to all of a sudden but it is. SOOOO much has been going on i don't know where to start.

We still don't have the house, thank you Govt shutdown (not really). I am hoping now that they are back open they will get their act together and sign off on the paperwork. Jason had to move out of his house and is currently living with a friend who had a couple extra bedrooms to spare. 

We had my sisters baby shower and it was fabulous. We surprised her with her best friend coming in from Texas to be there for it. 

Here is a little project i did for Kendall's bedroom. I desperately needed to get the changing table out of their since we didn't use it anymore other then for storage.
Before...

After

It turned out really well and i am proud of my self. I am going to put a little lamp on it and she has some books stored on it. The changing table still is in her room, mainly because i needed it to store pull ups on and her shoes are on it also. But we took the pad off of it and it looks more like a shelf now.

I am going to start a new project/hobby hopefully this weekend. I love to crochet. My Grandma taught me years ago and i have always kept up with it but never really learned a lot other then the basics. I just finished a blanket for Kendall but am now going to expand my knowledge and I would like to be able to make (and hopefully sell) the little animal beanies you see that are just so adorable. I have been making some hand warmers and leg warmers for my sister but so far all it has been is experimenting and i am hoping to get better at it. This weekend I am making the trek to Missoula to stock up on yarn and i am going to practice, practice, practice until i get it right.

That's  what is currently going on and now that blogspot is working for me again i am going to be a crazy posting person :) Happy Thursday Friends, it feels good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered why you were posting all the different hats on Pinterest...now I know! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete