Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hooray



This morning I dropped Kendall off at her first day of Head start, and I only have a LITTLE anxiety over it. Not really, it was a lot harder to leave then I thought it would be. Leaving her with the babysitter this last week and a half was easy cause i knew it was just her and Kendall and she would get plenty of attention. Now she is in a classroom with a teacher and a helper and 7 other kids. She is the only girl in her class so she will get lots of attention from all the little boys. It will be an adjustment for her but she will get into a better routine and make lots of friends.


We also have to get up at 6am now (currently on my second cup o coffee with a new peppermint mocha creamer in it, reminds me of Christmas), so she can be to the center by 8. It is rather dark and cold that early in the morning. I was hoping Kendall would sleep in until 7 but no such luck there, she woke up with me at 6. I am hoping now that she will be started on a consistent schedule sleeping at night time will be easier for her and she will be able to sleep better or at least want to sleep.


I miss her a lot and I cant wait to go pick her up this afternoon to see how much fun she had. Since she has to be picked up by 3 my sister will do it most days. I am picking her up today and I will on Fridays, most days it will be my lil sister DM since she is done with work earlier then I am. Who knows though, since I will now be getting to work an hour earlier i might finish earlier then i normally do. Up next look for my post about my babyshower (it was almost exactly 1 year ago)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! She'll do SO good. The days will go by quicker than you know, and that time with her will be extra special now :) Can't wait to hear how she does!

    ReplyDelete