Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, October 17, 2011

Head Start


Today is kind of bittersweet and ironic in ways. I got the call this morning that Kendall got accepted into head start. I am ready for her to start cause she will love all the play time and interaction with other kids, but at the same time I will miss her a lot. After she was babysat by Vicki Friday afternoon and did so well for her i figured i might as well have her start watching her Monday (today) so she is there with her and loving it. I had told Vicki she would be starting head start i just didn't know when she would get accepted. What are the chances the day I start having her watched is the day I get the call she is accepted??? I have 1 more home based meeting this week on Wednesday and I will have a meeting next Monday with her teacher and my caseworker to fill out the paperwork also so Kendall can meet her teacher and then next week on Wednesday is when she will start school. I am very excited for her, this is definitely what she needs. She likes playing with other kids but we just are not around them often enough so this will give her the opportunity and also be a great way for her to make new friends and develop her social skills.

1 comment: