Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, October 13, 2011

Babysitters

I think one of the main reasons I have only had my family watch Kendall for me is that it kind of freaks me out having a stranger watch her and its some one she is not familiar with so she will probably cry the whole time. Well its time i got over my fear and tomorrow afternoon while I get a massage I will let the girlfriend of one of my coworkers watch her. Her name is Vicki, I have met her a few times and I talk to her on the phone a lot when she calls into the office. She used to run a daycare and has offered several times to watch Kendall for me. I have kind of been putting it off and making up excuses and to why i haven't had anyone else watch her.

She loves kids and used to run a daycare so I know she is fully capable of watching Kendall. I guess my biggest fear is leaving Kendall and having her cry the whole time like a lot of other babies do. So tomorrow I am getting over my fear so I can get some quality time alone with my massage therapist who has magic hands.

Vicki also offered to watch Kendall while I am at work for the price of ......... $40 a month. Yep you heard it right and it is not a typo. Its only temporary until a spot opens up at head start, she knew Jason and I can't afford much so this will be perfect for us. So tomorrow is a trial run for Kendall to get to know Vicki and for her to get familiar to her house, I hope it all goes as planned.

1 comment:

  1. Holy awesomeness! It doesn't get much better than that Mich...and if she used to run a daycare, you know K is in good hands. Wow, what an amazing opportunity for you guys!

    ReplyDelete