Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, October 21, 2011

Being Pregnant

When I was pregnant I never really got "Huge" although I felt that way. The picture above was a week give or take a few days before Kendall was born. . I do have a few more belly pictures from earlier on except they are on my phone memory card and I at the moment cant get them off, i need to get an adapter and put them onto the computer.


  • I don't really recall how much weight I gained because I lost a bunch at first and then gained it all back and then some on top of that all in my belly area. If I guessed I would say between 25-30 pounds.



  • I did get cravings but it wasn't all the time or anything weird (I don't think anyways) the only thing I consistently wanted and I HAD to eat one everyday was an orange, I cannot even begin to tell you how good they tasted. On several other occasions I wanted fried chicken, chocolate cake, and fruit loops. Those are the only things that really stick in my mind.



  • I did get morning sickness but a very very mild case of it. In the very beginning I just didn't feel like eating so I snacked on pretzels. When I started to get my appetite back I ate whatever I want (except the things they tell you not to eat). I only got sick during my first trimester and I did throw up a handful of times, it was only when I would wait to long to eat and have an empty stomach and then fill it up with food.



  • Heartburn was the worst! The old wives tail of if you have heartburn while you are pregnant your baby will come out with a full head of hair. Not in my case, Kendall was pretty much as bald as they come. Everything gave me heartburn. I ate Tums like they were candy, we bought the gigantic bottle of them and I also carried a smaller bottle around in my purse.



  • Maternity clothes are expensive. As you can see in the picture above I was wearing sweatpants. With the job I have I can wear whatever I want, we don't have a retail store and customers rarely stop by. So I lived in sweatpants and had a few pairs of maternity pants and shirts for occasions when I needed to dress up a little nicer. I just couldn't see spending as much on maternity clothes as i would for regular clothes and then only wear them for a few months.



  • I got health insurance through the state (thank goodness!!!) All of my doctors visits were paid for as were my ultrasounds and the delivery and my hospital stay. Since I qualified for state assistance Kendall automatically was signed up for it and had/has it since she was born.



  • I was never really uncomfortable, I slept great and very rarely woke up to use the bathroom except for the last month. I slept with a body pillow. They sell pregnancy pillow that are almost exactly like a body pillow just like 4X the price and again I couldn't see myself spending that kind of money on something I would only use for a few months. I was tired all the time from the very beginning to the very end and well now I don't get sleep at all. I remember one time i went to the lake with my friend and we were laying out in the sun on the beach and i fell asleep but only for a few minutes

That is all I have for you for now. Coming soon will be the baby shower my sisters threw for me and the baby basics, things you have to have and the things you can live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment