Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, February 28, 2014

Fit Friday

As you can see there is a little bit of blog make over action going on. Its a work in progress that will take me some time until i find exactly what i want my new look to be.



This past week i did good considering we started the week with snow storms. We had a couple nice days in there where the snow was able to at least melt off the roads but now we are back in another winter storm. We have at least 2ft of snow on the ground. The storms usually scare people away from going out and doing a lot of stuff so the gym was pretty empty which was nice. I did still get my 6 workouts in and i am pretty excited about that. Next week I will only get 5 but that is ok, i will just have to push myself a little harder on the days i do get to go.

Eating good was still a struggle but i am changing my meals up a bit. I started eating breakfast, which is actually really hard for me to do because for so long all i have ever had is just a protein shake. I needed to mix things up though. So the last couple of morning i started eating oatmeal for breakfast, i have a morning snack which is usually a grapefruit, for lunch i have been having chicken thighs, green beans and sweet potatoes. I have my afternoon snack and then for dinner instead of actually eating a full meal i have been drinking my protein shake and a small snack like yogurt or fruit. It will take some getting used to but i need to make the change.

This week my Saturday morning challenge workout is going to be a Pound Workout class. It is an awesome class. I have done it a few times before and loved it. I left the class feeling like i got an awesome full body workout plus i was literally sore for DAYS after.

This video is the best i found to show what exactly a pound workout is.


If you haven't tried it before i highly recommend you find a class to try out, you will love it. I am really looking forward to going to the class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment