Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, February 14, 2014

Fit Friday


During the challenge I decided i will do a Fit Friday post. To explain what i am doing and how i did that week. Almost like a journal entry.

Friday is going to be my one day a week where i do not workout. I am usually pretty busy Friday after work cause we go to Jason's and cook dinner there which means i have to go to the store right after work and brave being around all the crazy after work people.

I went and weighed in last night for the challenge. I was right where i knew i was so my weight wasn't a surprise. I weigh myself daily. I know you aren't supposed to but it find that it helps to keep me on track better.


On Monday I had my best Fitbit day. Kendall had her 3yr check up so we were home earlier then normal and she had a cold and needed a good nap. So i laid her down to sleep and hopped on my elliptical, turned the tv on to Food Network and spent the next hour watching Chopped and working up a good sweat.

Today i will be perusing Pinterest for some good clean eating recipes. My sister is on my team for the Challenge and she started this clean 3 day eating thing a few days ago. It has some good recipes. But basically the guideline for it is if you can't pronounce the ingredient and have no idea what it is you shouldn't eat it. I am going to stick somewhat to that. I will eat a lot of fresh food and lean meats. But there are a couple things i won't give up. I will still drink my protein shake (with almond milk) and i will still drink my coffee with creamer(although i will switch to an all natural creamer). Other then that i am going to try to focus on the if you don't know whats in it don't eat it. 

Tomorrow will be my first Saturday workout and it is Zumba, its been so long since i have been, I am hoping the moves come back easy. I am curious to see how many steps and calories the Fitbit will track for the whole hour.

Happy Friday and Happy Valentines (someone brought cupcakes to work ugh)!

No comments:

Post a Comment