Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, February 21, 2014

Fit Friday


As of yesterday i have officially worked out 6 days in a row this week!!! Woohoo, this is a big accomplishment for me but i was really determined to do it and it feels great! Goes to show that setting small goals at a time and then reaching them is a major accomplishment. Once you tackle the small goals its easier to take on the bigger goals. Today is my day off from working out and tomorrow morning i will start the next 6 days.

I definitely need a day off. Although i haven't pushed myself insanely hard at the gym my body is still tired and i am definitely sore. On top of it i think i am coming down with a cold and my body is trying to fight it off making me even more tired.

The food journal has been going really well. I enjoy doing it. Really brings things into perspective when you literally write down everything that you eat. All those little things that you just took 1 bite of really start to add up.

I am still struggling with the clean eating in the evenings. I do really well during the day at work because the only food i have here is the food i bring. But once i get home in the evenings i am starving and find myself munching on a lot of random stuff that i shouldn't be eating. Then i feel guilty when i have to write it all down in the journal.

A while back i bought myself a little elliptical to use at home on my days off from the gym, i do use it pretty regularly like 3-4 times a week to get some extra cardio in. This week i am going to start getting up a little earlier (which will be hard) so i can give my body a jump start with 10-15 minutes of extra cardio.

So last weeks goal was to get the workout routine figured out and i definitely did that.
This week I am going to focus on my eating in the evenings and to make better food choices for dinner on top of getting another 6 days in a row of working out.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment