Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, February 17, 2014

Conversations with a Toddler

Some of the conversations Kendall and I have just make me say "What?" 

She LOVES my phone. First it just started out as her taking and looking at pictures. Next thing i know she is texting and calling people. Come to find out she also knows how to use Snapchat.

The kid is too smart.

The other day she wanted to watch a movie in her room but also wanted to look at pictures. So i let her take my phone down the hall. Before she left the room our convo went like this:

K: "Mom can i look at pictures in my room?"
Me: "Sure."
K: "But not calling and texting right?"
Me (sitting there in aww): "Yes, please do not call or text anyone."
K: "Ok. What about snapchat?"
Me (I think my mouth was hanging open at this point, and i looked at my sister who was in the room with me): Correct, no snapchatting people either."
K: "Ok" 

And off she ran down to her room. I sat there thinking to myself. Did i really just have that conversation with a 3 year old?

We have this conversation almost every day now it seems. She loves looking at and taking pictures. She also loves Snapchat cause then she gets lots of videos of Hunter from Auntie.

She also gets to play with the Kindle. Which I don't encourage, but when i need to get stuff done and she is being whiny and clingy i will get it out and let her watch cartoons or games. All i have to do is hand it to her and she knows where everything. Since getting a tablet the only thing on the Kindle is her games and a few cartoons. She can navigate that thing very well. She can't read what any of it says but she knows exactly where to push to get to the movies or the games. She is slowly loosing interest in it, which is fine with me, i would rather her play with her toys.

We had a rather rough last few days with her attitude. It has been bad. Lots of timeouts, time spent in her room and even a couple spankings ( I don't like to spank her but it really does work for her and the only time i do it is if i have exhausted all my other options).

I think she is adjusting to her new schedule now that she is not in school. But in all her 3 years her attitude has never gotten her in this much trouble or lasted this many days for that matter. There was lots of wine consumed in the evenings. She started today off pretty well so i am hoping she is getting out of it. I don't know if i would be able to handle anymore days that are as bad as this weekend was.

Happy Monday Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Lol....she is too smart! Like last night on the phone she said "we'll get it figured out" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete