Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Holy snowballs!!

Have I got a story for you!

Yesterday we had a gigantic snow storm, well it really started Tuesday night and it didn't stop snowing until late Wednesday evening. I leave work around 2:40 in order to pick Kendall up from daycare by 3. Because of the snow i left a little earlier around 2:30, the roads were such a mess, since snow was accumulating so fast, the plows were mostly concentrating on the highway and none of the side roads. The road to my house has a big hill on it and its used pretty frequently throughout the day so they are usually really good about plowing it. Well not yesterday. I decided to skip the gym and just go straight home before it got any worse out. I should have known not to try and go up it since the bottom flat was not even plowed, but i figured i could make it. About halfway up when it starts to get really steep i lost all momentum and couldn't get any traction to even move other then spin my tires. Rather then risk going off the road i just stopped, turned my flashers on and sat there cause there really wasn't anything i could do. I called my dad even though he couldn't help me but mostly just to see what i should do and go figure he didn't answer. I was literally just sitting there in the middle of the road, 1 car went past me and then a line started to form. A very nice kind gentleman came up and asked me to turn around or back down the hill and i was like umm no way but you can do it for me. So he got my car turned around and I was able to get myself and Kendall back to town where we proceeded to Jason's house and hung out there until my brother got off work and could give us a ride home. My car is still sitting in his driveway, where it will be until this storm clears, it is now raining and an icy, slushy mess outside. I drove my moms 4wheel drive jeep to work today.

I took this picture while i was at Jason's house, it is looking out the living room window onto how much snow is on the back porch. Looks fun huh??


3 comments:

  1. I still can't believe that...SO much snow! I'm glad Dill was able to come get you-thank goodness for his truck and 4-wheel drive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is an unbelievable amount of snow!!! Good grief! We wouldn't even know how to deal with that much over here. We get a sprinkling of snow and the whole city shuts down. :o) I hope your having fun in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no more snow, the day after that happened it started raining and then got warm and it is now gone. It went out as quickly as it came in.

    ReplyDelete