Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Christmas Story

Well its not really Christmas anymore, but i could help but think of the movie "A Christmas Story" this morning as I was bundling Kendall up to leave the house. She could still move around but she had on a little sweat suit that has a big sweater with it and also her coat, she was rather "puffy" but she was warm. At daycare they go outside every single day unless it is below 10 degrees and seeing as there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground today i wanted her to be really warm.

I made the decision to not invest in a snowsuit for her as she cant really do anything out in the snow, at daycare she gets pulled around in a sled since she cant walk yet, and when we are at home we don't really go outside. Sometimes we will go for a walk with her in the stroller and i bundle her up with a blanket and lots of clothes. Next year when she will be able to play in the snow i will get her one but for now i don't think it is necessary.

Once again, i have no camera to use. As you will remember I had been using my sisters, but since she left for school she took it with her. My mom has a camera but she downloads the pictures to her computer which i do not use. My phone obviously takes pictures, but i do not have a fancy expensive phone with an outrageous bill, i have a normal phone and the pictures always end up blurry cause Kendall cant sit still long enough for it to take a good one. So, I have decided I am going to buy myself a new camera. I will be getting a significantly larger tax return this year (thanks to Kendall and being a "single" parent). Big enough that i will be able to pay off 3 bills, buy myself a camera and still put some money into savings.

All I have to figure out now is what kind of camera to get. I need something that is very reliable and can take good quality pictures of a moving target. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Our sony one takes good pics and has an action shot setting. my pics i take of her with it turn out pretty good. Might be a little spendy, and I'm sure you could find something cheaper. The one Dill has is pretty good too

    ReplyDelete