Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Early Head Start

I had been kind of delaying it for a while even though I should have filled out the application before Kendall was even born, but I didn't. Our paperwork is now in the process of being evaluated to see if we qualify for Kendall to go to the Early Head Start program here in Hamilton. It is income based, so hopefully based on my income for the last year (July 2010 to July 2011) we qualify. I should hear back soon. If we qualify then we will be put on the waiting list to get a spot at the center, she said there should be an opening within the next month. Cross your fingers cause if we don't get in Jason and I have to shell out approx. $500 a month for daycare, that is a lot!!!! Since when did daycare get so expensive???? If you break it down, it comes out to about $30 a day. I don't know how people do it who have 2 or 3 kids. Even if they cant go one day for being sick you still get charged. I even know of one place who charges for holidays so they can pay their employees that day, which does seem fair to the employee but seriously?
Jason doesn't work everyday (especially in winter when there is very little construction) I think it would be silly of us to send her to daycare on days he is at home, when we are paying for daycare. The only problem with this is, I cant find a daycare that only charges you the days you attend. So even if he was home watching her we would still have to pay for that day because it is one of the days she is signed up for. It doesn't make sense to me, but if we don't qualify for the head start we have to find a place that will work with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment