Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, July 29, 2013

What to do?

This morning at about 6:30 I loaded Kendall into my moms car and they headed off on their 10 hour journey to my sisters house in Eastern Mt. And ever since they left i have been paranoid and anxious. 

Kendall is not one to fall asleep once she has been woken up so once i woke her up she was ready to go. She has been waiting for this trip forever and is so excited it is finally happening. My Mom, Grandma, Sarah ( my brothers GF) and Kendall will be going over there for the whole week. I have to stay and work but i wish i could go with them.

I miss her like crazy already and it is going to be a long week for me. I do have plans to work out a lot and I have softball today and Wednesday so the time will go fast. But this is the longest we have been apart from each other. I am happy and excited she is getting to go but at the same time, i think i will be paranoid until i get to talk to her and know they made it OK. Last i heard was they were 3 hours into their journey they only had to make 2 potty stops (which is good considering in our hour drive yesterday we had to stop twice). She has her movie player and lots of snacks and they said she was doing really well. 

All i keep thinking though is 10 hours is a long time for a 2 1/2 year old to be strapped in her car seat. Yes they will have to make lots of stops and she will be able to get out and walk around some. But have you ever tried to strap a kid back into the car seat when their butt is tired from sitting? Its not fun, when they are tired of it EVERYONE will know it. I just hope that she handles it well, which i am sure she will.

They are going to have so much fun out on the farm with all the animals. Their fair is this weekend so her Uncle Patrick is going to take her on rides. My sister even said they are going to set up a tire swing for her to play on.

Last time she was at their house she was only 4 months only so she really couldn't do much. We let her look at a cow but she really wasn't sure what it was. This time around they are going to let her name one of the calves. I am curious to hear what she comes up with. The last thing she names was her giant stuffed hedgehog and she named it Wedgie....

My sister is going to take lots of pictures and i will have to steal some to let you all see how much fun she had on her trip. 

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Wedgie! You didn't tell me about that! hahahaha. Now I'm really interested to see what she names the cow!

    ReplyDelete