Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back on the Bandwagon

Lets all take a moment of silence for the 5lbs i have gained back :( I am disappointed about this and i keep coming up with excuses about how we have been so busy and camping a lot that i haven't had time to eat good. When in all reality i have been eating like crap and snacking and eating things i really shouldn't be eating. For example last night.....I had softball and didn't get home until after 9pm i had to get Kendall a bath still. She had been giving me grief all day long and it was torture so instead of actually eating food. I felt i deserved to eat ice cream for dinner. Not gonna lie it was really good but it obviously wasn't the right choice.
I had lost a total of 15lbs after my challenge but now since i gained the 5 back i am really needing to jump back into a good routine. We are halfway through summer and the last thing i want to do is gain everything back when i worked so hard to get it off.

As of today I started using My Fitness Pal again. I need something to keep me accountable for what i eat since i obviously can't do it on my own. Its OK to cheat now and again on the ol' diet but not every day. I still workout about 4 days a week and i workout hard but muscle weighs more then fat so instead of doing more muscle training and just a little cardio i am going to reverse it and concentrate on cardio for a while with just light weight training to get the weight back off. I am not going to eat ice cream for dinner anymore and make better snack choices. 

3 comments:

  1. So i know it's not funny, but I laughed at your first sentence!!! Take a moment of silence...lol. You can do it, and it's ok to fall off once in awhile-as long as you get back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Tiff,

      It was a community challenge called peel off the pounds. I did zumba 5 days a week for 8 straight weeks completely changed my diet and lost 13 lbs during the challenge and then 2 more after. I still workout but the eating has gone downhill :( Miss you guys!

      Delete