Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dashboard

Yesterday was my best day yet with using my Fitbit. I struggles last week because i was off on a mini vacay visiting my sisters family over on the other side of the state.


Everyday it tracks your information and then you sync it with you computer and it shows you your results for that day. You can also look back at all the past days. You don't have to sync every day like i didn't for 5 days in a row while i was gone and it held all my data in the little device i wear around.

On average you are supposed to walk 10,000 steps in a day. Do you know how hard that is when you have a desk job? I get up and pace just so i can get extra steps in, or i jog in place for a few minutes. Even when i am at the gym i try to walk around extra. I still haven't hit that mark yet but am really hoping to soon. I have reached my calorie goal several times though. For my height and weight i am supposed to burn 2,184 calories a day. Yesterday i hit 2200 burned and i had 42 very active minutes. That little bar chart at the top of the picture breaks it down to how many steps you take every 15 minutes, the green lines are where i have walked over 1000 steps for those specific time frames.

Its hard to reach the goals it sets for me, but i literally try every day to get up and move around extra so i can. One day soon i will get there.

Also i was able to link my Fitbit account with My Fitness Pal account so it logs all the data together to show just what i did for what specific day. After "pretending" to go back on my diet a couple weeks ago and then taking a week off at my sisters house. I am back to a strict diet again. I bought and planned all my meals for the whole week ahead of time. Today is day 2 back on it and although i am starving i am remaining strong and am not going to give into the cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment