Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Whats for dinner?

I always struggle to make dinner for just myself. I love cooking so when i cook i don't want to be the only one eating it. Kendall is not a huge fan of red meat but she really likes chicken. She also likes to eat dinner around 5pm so she eats a lot of random stuff that i can cook fairly quick.
3 nights a week i have been doing Zumba classes so i don't get home until 7pm and then i have to get Kendall ready for bed so i don't end up eating dinner until after she is in bed. If I cook something then that takes forever. I usually just end up eating popcorn or scrounging something up in the fridge.
Last night i was feeling motivated and made this......

It is pan seared deer steaks with sauteed ontions. Then topped with a large slice of tomato, mozzarella cheese and garnished with some cilantro.
I seasoned the steaks with some pepper and garlic salt and put them in a HOT pan with a little bit of melted butter. I let them cook on the first side for about 4 minutes. Then I flipped them over and topped then with the onions, tomato and cheese. I put a lid on the pan to get some steam so the cheese would melt. After 4 more minutes i took the lid off and put a few leaves of cilantro on and it was done! It ended up being really tasty and I was trying to use things we had, our fridge is pretty empty right now since basically for the last week it has just been Kendall and I and half the time we are at Jasons house.
The longest part about cooking this was defrosting the steaks. I really enjoy simple delicous meals like this. It would have been good with a salad but by the time they were done cooking i was starving and ready to eat. I brought the leftovers for lunch today that i am going to assemble onto a sandwich which should be just as good.

On a side note, my little brother Dillon is graduating from Basic Training tomorrow and I am the lucky one who gets to pick him up from the airport Friday evening. My parents are currently in GA for the graduation ceremony and their plane comes back friday but several hours later then his. We are all very proud of him and cant wait to see him! (This gets me out of going to a birthday party at a water park, i wasnt really excited about having to wear a bathing suit).

2 comments:

  1. These look delish! How lucky that you and Kendall get to pick Dillon up! You'll have to take a picture of him and her at the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy! And you must give Dillon a big ole hug from me too!!

    ReplyDelete