Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Friday, June 29, 2012

Beauty secret

A while ago i heard about a beauty secret my stylist did and i thought it was rather interesting and then forgot about it. A few days ago i saw something similar online and duh remembered that i was going to try it out way back when i first heard about it.
How many of you hate buying shaving cream? I know i sure do, especially since it basically washes off halfway through the shave job and i usually end up cutting myself cause i cant see what i am doing. I also feel like i am wasting money when i buy it. I have also tried using a moisturizing conditioner as shave cream and it works ok, but still washes off. The point of using an aid while shaving is to try to keep moisture in the skin. So here comes the next idea....
Baby oil! I tried it out this morning and it didnt wash off. It puts, I would call it a film, on your skin that you shave off and since it is oil the water just beads up and drips off. The plus side is it made my shower smell like a cute little baby. I bought a small little bottle at Walgreens for about $1.50. You do not have to use very much, i used about a nickel size area in my palm and rubbed it straight onto my legs. The one thing i didnt like is since it is oily and leaves that film on your legs is it gums up the blades of the razor and i had to wipe the blades off a lot to keep it from getting clogged.
My legs didnt really feel any different after i got out of the shower and i dried off and put lotion on like normal. But I would say it did make shaving a little easier and i will probably be trying it again.
A couple suggestions i have is DO NOT use this if you are taking a bath or it will probably leave a gunky ring of oil and little microscopic leg hairs in your bathtub and i would use a nail brush to (the kind with the little bristles) to clean the razor to prevent build up from the oil.

Have a Happy Friday friends, hope you all have a grand weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestion! I'll have to try it. My mom uses baby oil to remove her makeup too.

    ReplyDelete