Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The absent blogger

I have been pretty bad about blogging lately. We have been a little busy and truth be told i was lacking in motivation.

Kendall is now walking. Yay!!! She went from not wanting to walk at all Saturday to not wanting to stop Sunday. Monday she didn't really care for it too much. But last night she was walking so much she worked up a sweat. Then when i took her into daycare this morning she gets down and starts crawling around. She is a little particular who she walking to. But once she gets going its hard to stop her and she gets SOOOO excited about it.

I am getting a little nervous for our CA trip in a few weeks. I am flying with Kendall by myself while the rest of my family and Jason fly down the next day. It shouldn't be to hard. My biggest fear is that she is going to get antzy sitting on my lap and start screaming while we are on the plane. I am sure all the other passengers would love that. Chances are though that she will be so distracted by all the unfamiliar faces that she will just stare at everyone. My other worry about it is, we fly in the middle of the day around lunch time and nap time. I will have to pack lots of snacks and then once i get through security in Missoula i am somehow going to have to find somewhere to get milk for her. It is going to be an adventure. We will survive but towards the end of the day i am sure we are both going to be a little frazzled and overwhelmed.

I don't know what it is lately, it could be the weather or that its getting close to the end of winter and I am getting cabin fever but i have been unmotivated lately. I do the same thing everyday in the same order and it's getting a little boring. We all go through slumps and I am sure as soon as something changes i will be gung ho about everything.

On a happy note. I received my tax return a couple weeks ago and was able to pay off 2 credit cards, a loan and buy myself new tires for my car. I also got to do a little shopping and buy myself some new things. They are all things I would have been paying forever if i didn't pay them off in 1 lump sum and I am glad I no longer have to worry about them anymore. I also wont be getting stuck going up any snowy hills with the fancy $700 tires i got (just in time for us to have another snow storm today, good thing spring is just around the corner).

Have a happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment