Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Maybe the BEST gift ever!

Yesterday, Grandpa Gabe (Jason's Grandpa) called me and said he had a gift for Jason and I and we needed to stop by and pick it up. I didn't have a chance to stop by after work as i had other plans so we made arrangements to meet up this morning after I dropped Kendall off at daycare (its just a few blocks from his house) so it worked out for me to stop by.


I had no clue what this "gift" could be that he got us, he had said on the phone we both would be able to use it, so it got me thinking. When I got there this morning, he was waiting at the door for me. We talked for a few minutes and he showed me a couple things Jason had given him as a kid and then he handed me the gift. It was not wrapped but just in the box it came in and it was none other then a.....



I am not even kidding a little bit, I was standing there trying not to laugh as he was telling me it came with its own instructional DVD. He also wrote a little note on the box saying "Now you both can get ripped!"


We all know what they are and have seen the slightly inappropriate commercials for them, Jason has poked a little fun at them from time to time when he sees it on the TV. It has to be one of the funniest gifts I have ever received. It does not surprise me one bit cause Gabe is so random and he is a really one of the nicest guys and very funny. He is very generous, he gave Kendall her present last week and its a little Fisher Price buggy she can walk with and she loves it. He is a very proud Great Grandpa.


Maybe the Shake-Weight works....stay tuned for results.

1 comment: