Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Massage

Tomorrow afternoon I am dropping Kendall off with Jason and the dogs and going to go get a massage. I am so excited. It has been forever (last October) since I got one and Jason, for my birthday (in November), got me a gift certificate for 2. I would have used 1 of them sooner but have not had the time. There is also a funny story that goes along with the last time I got a massage. I was 6 months pregnant and still had a really small belly so I decided since i had a coupon for 1/2 off or something i would go get one. I brought a pillow with me and laid on it so I wouldn't be uncomfortable, and then it was time to lay on my back and i figured i would be fine. Well if you didn't know laying on your back while pregnant is not a good idea the weight of the uterus puts pressure on the vein that runs down your spine. So after about 5 minutes i started to get really really hot and was getting nauseous. I had to make the masseuse stop, she turned on the fan for me and i started to cool down but wasn't enough and i was trying so hard not to throw up. She went and got me a garbage can and by the time she got back i felt fine. She didn't have any pillows so we used extra sheets and the small pillow i brought to prop me up so it didn't happen again. The rest of the massage i was fine. So for the next 4 months it was impossible for me to get another one. Then I had a baby and had planned on going and getting one but she refused to take bottles and i couldn't just leave her with Jason if I knew she was going to scream the whole time. Since then i have been busy with work and haven't really had the time. Well tomorrow I finally made the time and I am very excited. It is going to be very nice and relaxing and Kendall and her dad are going to get to spend some good quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment