Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cuddle bug

Last night after Jason's football game I had the opportunity to go out on the town for a little bit. I got Kendall put in bed and Danielle, her friend, Jason and I all went out for a couple hours. It was nice to go out and see some friends I have not seen in a while. We were only out for a couple hours when we all were tired and decided to go home.

Since we were not out late, Kendall slept the whole time we were gone. About an hour after I went to bed she woke up. Usually when she eats at night, after she is done i lay her on my chest and pat her back and usually get a little burp out of her and she is right back to sleep. Last night she didn't go back to sleep right away and I was really hoping I would have to get up and rock her. She way laying in my bed next to me and was just talking away, she talked for about 5 minutes, I was just laying there watching her. The next thing i know she cuddles into me a little more, lays her hand on my cheek, closes her eyes and fell right to sleep. It was a relief since it was so late and i was tired and wanted to go back to sleep.

Then again today at bedtime she was very sleepy and just layed on the couch with me and fell right to sleep. I am hoping this will be the turning point in getting her to sleep on her own instead of having to walk around and rock. I am crossing my fingers sometime soon I will be able to just lay her down in the crib and she will fall right to sleep.

1 comment: