Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daddys Girl


Just about everyday during the week Jason watches Kendall for about an hour so i can go run errands or go to the gym, but mainly so i can take some time to myself. I love every minute with her but since she is with me all day long at work I need just a little time away to keep myself sane.

The first time I left her alone with him was so hard. I knew there would be no problems and he would do fine it was more her i was worried about. What was she going to do? How was she going to act? Well she cried almost the whole time i was gone, until she eventually fell asleep, and i was barely away for an hour. A couple days later i left her again and when i came back she was crying but only because she was starting to get hungry. The first week of leaving her was the hardest, now I leave her almost everyday. She has a great time and will sit with him in his lap and watch her favorite show Rob & Big or she will sit in her bouncey seat and just have a good ol' time. She is so calm when she is with him or even around him and as soon as i get back and she see's me she starts to wine to be held. She is very laid back around him and enjoys all her time with him. I can only imagine how much he is going to be wrapped around her fingers when she gets a little bit older and wants to follow him around everywhere and do everything with him.

1 comment: