Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Art project

So i got this great idea that i wanted to do for Kendall's room. In my head it seemed so easy and was going to look awesome. I bought all the supplies, for $20, so not to expensive of a project.

I quickly learned that chevron stripes suck. After my first row i had to pour myself a glass of wine and decided that instead of doing 5 i was only going to do 3.


After i got the whole thing taped i realized i had a problem with my pencil stripes. you cant really erase it off the canvas without it leaving marks. I figured this was just my test one and left it, since i had 5 canvas's and i only needed 3 i would just paint this one and see how it turned out.

It was going to be pink and bright blue. All the colors of  paint i bought match her bedding that she got for her birthday. Well turns out i had horrible brush marks and the paint bled through under the tape.

After this i officially decided that i am changing my idea and going a different route then chevron stripes. The new idea will include flowers and pray paint on the canvas, hopefully those turn out how i picture them.

Kendall  had been begging to paint since she say me doing it so i gave her my "practice" canvas the bright colors of paint and let her go to town.


She loved it! She painted this all by herself. She went in the unpainted lines all by herself and then after a while the paint started all getting mixed together and turned a funky color and she didn't care about the lines anymore. It is quite the little masterpiece and i have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas?


I can't wait to start the new version of this that i came up with. But am holding off just a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. I say hang it on her wall!!! That's something she can be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about it for canvas, but a trick with painting any lines on textured walls, is to tape, paint with the wall color/base color and then paint in the color you want. That way when the paint bleeds, its the color of the wall. With with canvas, I suppose you would have to paint the whole think white and then do that though.

    But the new idea sounds great also!!

    ReplyDelete