Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Monday, October 22, 2012

Picture overload


About 2 weeks ago we ventured out to the local park with a family friend to take some Fall pictures of Kendall. At first i was thinking her jacket would be to "bright" for the fall decor going on outside. But it turned out perfect making her stand out.


I was really worried she wouldn't be interested in getting her picture taken. She is rather unpredictable when it comes to pictures. She is either obsessed with them or will turn her head and run the other way. I brought a baggie of marshmallows with me and at times it felt like i was training a puppy with treats. I would give her a marshmallow and she would go do what i asked and then come running back or another.


I think we picked the perfect weekend to go. There were a lot of leaves on the ground but there were still a lot on the trees so it didn't look like all the foliage was dead.


She loved the little bridge. Running back and forth from one end to the other so she could get as many treats as possible.


Look at that sweet face. We only had a couple little mishaps the hour we were at the park. I brought a ball to entertain her and it decided to roll away into a little pond. We did get it back but it was a little adventure. The best one was when the girl taking the pictures almost stepped on a water snake, EEK!!! I figured this time of year they would be off in hibernation.


She did so well the whole time. She loves being outside and its been a while since she just got to run around and have fun at the park.


This one is my absolute favorite. The scenery in the top one is beautiful and I couldn't have asked for better pictures or a better model.


We only got a couple with Kendall and I in them. I don't think it looks that great but she was ready to be done by then cause we were out of marshmallows and i look like i am scared of something. You can kind of see how crossed her eye is in this one. I call her my cross-eyed monkey. She goes in for surgery this Friday. Cross your fingers and knock on wood she doesn't end up with some another ailment 2 days before surgery. Hope these were able to cheer your Monday up a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment