Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, October 11, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Bake


MmmMm I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day and thought it was worthy of trying. That plan is to make it tomorrow for dinner, that is is if I can sneak the mayo in it past Jason (my plan is to hide the mayo and make the sauce while he is at the gym). I have had this recipe before but on halibut. It is nice and creamy and it just tastes really good.

Parmesan Chicken Bake
(adapted from Food.com)
6 chicken breasts
1 C light mayonnaise or greek yogurt (I have done 1/2 of each as well)
1/2 c fresh Parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9x13 glass pan.  Lay the chicken inside the pan.
2.  Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn't dry out.)  Sprinkle on a bit more fresh Parmesan over all the chicken.
3.  Bake for 45 minutes.  

I am going to try the 1/2 mayo, 1/2 yogurt. If Jason asks, its sour cream. The guy is weird and doesn't like mayo, mustard or cream cheese. I can understand not liking mayo and mustard but come on cream cheese??? Who doesn't like that, you can mix it into sooo many different dishes and dips. I am going to pair it with a salad and some garlic bread.

On a completely unrelated note, i am having one heck of a time finding leggings and workout pants that aren't see-through. Yea i bought a few cheapo pairs and figured that was why. So i splurged a little and bought a pair from Victoria's Secret. I got them in the mail yesterday and guess what??? They are see-through. I can understand the cheap ones being see-through but I should not be able to see skin OR my undies through a pair of $20 leggings. I don't remember having this problem in the last couple years or even last year. But this summer/fall i haven't been able to find a pair of decent leggings or workout pants. Thank goodness i have a few shirts that are long enough to cover my rear so i can get away with wearing them out in public. Where do you all get your leggings from???





2 comments:

  1. I guess I never really thought about my leggings being see through, cause when I walk I'm in the middle of nowhere by myself :) I have several pairs from VS but none of them are see-through? Don't know what to tell ya!

    ReplyDelete