Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What?!?! 2 days in a row

For the last week and a half it has just been Kendall and myself at home. My parents are off in CA helping my Grandma and Aunts clean out my Grandpa's belongings.
I always randomly decide that i am going to cut out bread, rice, potatoes and cheese. All the starchy high in fat foods that stick to my belly and give me that lovely pooch i hate. Every time i decide this it never fails we seem to have dinners that consist of all these items. Since my parents are gone i decided i would give it another shot and being here and just having to cook for myself and Kendall it is WAY easier. I always forget to take pictures of what i make until its halfway demolished so you get 2 pictures of stuffed tomatoes.
 
The first day i was by myself we went off to the grocery store and bought some miscellaneous groceries. Earlier that day i had seem a recipe on Pinterest for turkey spinach burgers. It had feta in them and i substituted that for grated parmesan cheese (i don't really consider this cheese, just more of a binding agent and garnish) i didn't serve them on a bun and i cooked them up, they were pretty good but could have used some more seasoning. The next night i used the leftover turkey/spinach meat and stuffed it into a tomato, baked it and then drizzled them with balsamic vinegar.
 
I have had a lot of salad this past week and a half and it was getting a little boring and i was running out of ideas of what to eat. Tonight i decided i would do stuffed tomatoes again but this time i stuffed them with sauteed shrimp and onions with cilantro and garlic. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! I made a mayo/cilantro/garlic sauce to put on it. It was similar to a shrimp po boy except stuffed into a tomato instead of on bread.
 
It has been a little hard to stay on track because we have actually been really busy and on the go almost everyday. I have cheated its hard to not eat all that stuff (i should have added ice cream to the no eat list, oops) We will see what the rest of the week brings for meals, thinking of meals is hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! The tomatoes look delicious!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to think about meals, that's what Pinterest is for!!!

    ReplyDelete