Pages

A journey through the wild ride of being a first time mother

You can read every book on the shelf about being a parent and what to expect with your new baby, but the only true preparation is experiencing it first hand.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tis the season

I think about Christmas year round, constantly making mental notes as to what i want to give to everyone for gifts or who would like certain things. Every year i come to the same conclusion that ALL men are so hard to shop for. I have already got gifts for my sisters, mom and Jason's mom. I kind of know what i want to get Kendall but haven't made any decisions yet. But for all the men in my life, i don't have a clue even where to start. It feels like every year you kind of get them the same things as you did the year before but its just a little different.

It's also the season for football, oh joy! This year I have joined a pick em football pool upon Jason's request, and let me tell you how much i suck at it. Week 1 I had 8 wins, week 2 I had 7 wins and now for week 3 I decided forget this losing crap, logged onto ESPN expert picks and found the "expert" with the best win record and picked almost all the same teams he did. Jason has decided since we are in competition together he will only help me just a little bit or give me hints here and there but wont actually tell me who i should choose (he seems to be doing pretty well). Only like a zillion more weeks to go so hopefully i start doing a little better with this new strategy i am trying out. Did I mention I can win $60 a week if i have the most wins. 

I may have not mentioned that due to the fact she got pink eye this smiley little monster had to have her eye surgery postponed by a month and a half. 


Not only did she wake up with pink eye, but she got herself a nasty cold, so most our weekend was spent inside cuddled up on the couch (watching football). She was so excited when my parents got home. She was taking a nap when they got home and my dad went in to see her and she looks at him and smiles and asked where Huck was. Since then, she has hardly left my dads side and is back to her ways of only wanting grandpa to help her.

This may just be the most random post every from Christmas to Football to Pinkeye. Have a Happy Thursday Friends. I am hoping to have a good post for you tomorrow covering some sort of delicious food i plan on making :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, this WAS a random post! But I'm SO excited to see the little nugget! Crossed eyes or not! When is her next appointment for surgery?

    ReplyDelete